Walk MS event season is upon us!
You can use any Walk MS event as a training walk for the MS Challenge Walk Cape Cod. You For MS Challenge Walkers, there are no registration fees or fundraising minimums to participate.To find a Walk MS event near you, visit www.walkms.org.
Five Good Reasons to Start Walking (Besides the MS Challenge Walk)
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Decrease high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Increases energy
- Decreases stress
Five Ways to Find Time for Training
- Use your lunch hour. Find a nice place to walk during lunch and use that time to get outside. It will not only help your physical self, but it's also great for work stress!
- Make it a family activity and hike with the entire family. It will be fun and you can spend some quality time with your family as well as train.
- Find a buddy. Having a buddy really helps to keep you motivated!
Set a schedule and keep it written down. Post it on your refrigerator and it will be a reminder.
- Reward yourself! Set goals and when you meet them, treat yourself. Get a pedicure, go to the movies or get that hard back new novel you were going to wait for to come out in paper back.
Team Apparel for the MS Challenge Walk
Are you considering making team shirts or other apparel for the MS Challenge Walk? Consider ordering them through the MS Challenge Walk Spreadshirt page. We have partnered with Spreadshirt to create an easy-to-use application to design and order apparel. The best part about it is that Spreadshirt will donate 20% of each order back to the National MS Society.
Thanks again for your participation in the MS Challenge Walk. If you and/or your team would like to get together to discuss training, fundraising, logistics of the Challenge Walk, please reach out to the MS Challenge Walk Team at [email protected]. We are happy to assist in any way we can.
All the best,
MS Challenge Walk Cape Cod regional staff
P.S. Are you a member of Facebook? If so, like the MS Challenge Walk Cape Cod page. Stay in touch with your friends from the walk and meet new people dedicated to the cause. You can post pictures of past events, discuss fundraising ideas, and receive invitations to upcoming events.
Danielle was a Development Manager for the Greater New England Chapter of the National MS Society, managing MS Challenge Walk 2011 and 2012. Prior to joining the staff of the National MS Society, Danielle served as a crew team captain during the 2009 and 2010 MS Challenge Walks.